To Blog Or Not To Blog
For those who want to start doing some digital marketing for their school, the first thing on your to-do list is to create a blog. Blogging is probably the most crucial first step to generating more student bookings.
As a school owner, you probably think I don't have the time to write blogs, with all the other activities that need doing. Don't worry! You can delegate this task to one of your teachers.
For this reason, I wanted to go over the benefits of having a blog on your school website and how it will get you more students.
10 reasons to have a blog
- It shows students that you care. When a potential student reads your blog, it allows you to show them that you care about educating them. You are giving them interesting content to read for free, putting you in a good light.
- It improves your SEO (search engine optimization) and traffic to your site. If you want to rank high on Google's search engine, you have two choices. You can pay for it with google or Facebook ads, or you can do it organically by writing blogs. The more blogs you have, the more likely people will find you faster. So if you write a blog on a specific aspect of grammar, let's say the present perfect, and someone in your country google searches this, they will find your page and info about your school and courses.
- It is vital for social media efforts. While it's OK to share funny or educational images on Facebook, you want to start sending people to your site. When you share good quality blogs on social media, you will be sending more people to your site. Sometimes this isn't easy without having good, informative content. The benefits of sending people to your sites are many.
- You can promote your courses with in your blog so students can learn more about your school and your offers by exploring your website.
- It's the cheapest way to find students online. If you decide to promote your courses on Facebook, a blog is a best and most affordable way to find your audience. If someone clicks on your blog, you know they could be a potential student. With Facebook and Google, you can pixel your website; this is a little piece of code that will allow you to just show future promotions just to the people who clicked on your blog, so you are not wasting money offering your advertisements to people who are not interested.
- It will make your school stand out in a crowded industry. The people who read your blog will associate you and your school with valuable information and solving their problem. This will create trust between you and potential students.
- It gives you a platform to make offers to potential students. With more blogs comes more traffic to your site. More traffic means more potential to sign up students.
- It's the equivalent of your own company newspaper; a lot of good content and some advertising. A blog is the same. All your blogs should contain an offer for free testing and a trial class, etc. Your blog is the medium for you to attract students.
- It gives potential students a reason to keep coming back to your site. It will create fans of your brand.
- Blogs will position your school as a trusted source of information online compared to schools who just post about their courses and talk about how good they are, etc.
I hope you can see how powerful blogging can be for your school and you start on now!
Do You Want MORE Full Classes in 2021/2022?
Learn A Simple Yet Powerful Marketing Framework That
Will Get Your School Up to 50% More Bookings
The next workshop starts on the 13th of September at 2pm CET
Read more about our courses:
Ask us whatever you are interested in.